Hi, My name is Simone Moreland and I am a bookworm. The first step is admittance, right?! Anyone that knows me knows I'm constantly reading a book. Despite, my busy schedule. I always find the time to read at least 30 mins a day. I know, I sound like someone's third grade teacher but it's true. Knowledge is power. In fact several of the world's greatest leaders admit to reading books as a being a key factor in their success.
In fact, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, two of the wealthiest people in America, when asked "If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?" Bill responded, "Being able to read superfast.” Buffett agreed, saying: “I’ve probably wasted ten years reading slowly.”
Thus, my goal of reading at least two books a month no longer seem like a foreign concept. It's doable, folks!
The 4 latest books I've read & unique gems for each.
This book is all about applying the lessons found in the Book of Proverbs written by King Solomon (The wealthiest king who ever lived.) and applying his teachings to everyday life.Scott describes how applying the concepts in Proverbs caused him to go from losing nine jobs to building a dozen multi-million dollar grossing businesses from scratch. Yup, He got my attention!
- The rewards
- You will gain sure advantage.
- You will be in control of the situation.
- You will experience true fulfillment.
- Your needs will be satifised.
- You will experience ever increasing success.
- Your efforts will be profitable.
This is just one of several concepts covered in the book. Scott also gives benefits, consequences, and activities for each concept discussed. Good Stuff!
Yes! The lady who owns my Thursday nights on ABC. If you don't know, Shonda Rhimes is the creator of several hugely successful primetime television shows: Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder. I purchased this one through my Audible app, and this lady is hilarious! I literally laughed out loud on several occasions.
- Self - Empowerment
- Why is it so hard to accept a compliment? When someone praises you for your accomplishments do not squirm in your seat, drop your head down, or fan your hands in a downward motion as if to signal the person to stop. Stand in your greatness! Accept the praise you deserve!
- Exercise your right to say No! Life is already stressful with personal task, when asked to acquire additional obligations that often time have nothing to do with our own agenda. Do not feel bad for speaking up and saying no. I repeat, Exercise your right to say No.
3. The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love By Devon Franklin and Meagan Good
In The Wait, DeVon and Meagan share the message of waiting—rather than rushing a relationship—can help you find the person you’re meant to be with.
- Major Gems
- The Wait
- Having faith that God is working on your behalf to bring you the right blessings at the right time.
- For women, the reward of the wait is not a desire to find your perfect husband but the reward of peace, knowing your are living in God's will. In doing so, he has no choice but to bless you with His best.
- For men, during the wait you work on character, mind, and spirit knowing God will bring the right woman your way.
Filled with candid his-and-hers accounts of the most important moments of their relationship, and practical advice on how waiting for everything—from dating to sex—can transform relationships, allowing you to find a deep connection based on patience, trust, and faith.
4. Live Life Elevated: Practical Steps to Live Better, Think Better and Be Better By Dr. Santrell Hart- Moreland
Dr. Hart- Moreland identifies the three major pillars that were crucial to developing a good life: health, relationships, and wealth. As she grew up, she would see friends, colleagues, and acquaintances focusing on one of these pillars to the neglect of the others. That didn't work. Here, she explains everything she has learned about thriving in each of these crucial areas of life.
- Set Boundaries. When you interact on clear terms, your relationships (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc.) begin to serve you and allow you to go after your purpose.
- Leave a Legacy. We have a responsibility not only to ourselves, but for those who will come behind us.
- Psychology of Health. Unless you look at how your mindset is tied to your health, you may never realize the obstacles hidden that might hold you back from achieving your goals in this area.
Here, it is all spelled out in it's simplest form. How to really have the health, relationships, and wealth you want in your life. If she can do it, I can too!
Comment. Heart. Share.
Feedback is always welcomed!